What Are The Causes Of Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to get or keep a firm erection that is needed to have sexual intercourse. Most times it is also referred to as impotence. This happens when there is limited blood flow to the penis, or the veins are damaged. It is a frustrating condition because it causes one not to be satisfied while having sex or even satisfying their partner. For most men, they will shy off seeking medical advice, and they buy Viagra or Viagra substitutes to help them out like Vigrx Plus.
For an erection to happen, various factors have to be involved, and they include the peripheral and central nervous system, psychological and physical factors and hormonal factors. The penis responds to touch, auditory, smell, and visual stimuli that trigger the brain to the nerve centers of the spine base They then cause the nerve fibers in the penis to become straight hence regular blood flow during erections. The blood flow increase due to chemicals from the nerve endings, therefore, the erection remains full and rigid. When the chemicals are not released, this process becomes impossible.
However, the above process may not occur due to various reasons and these include:
· Cardiovascular conditions- for people who have problems with their heart such as atherosclerosis, diabetes or high blood pressure it may affect the nerve endings of the penis hence distracting the blood flow. Taking Viagra substitutes could help but it is important to get treatment first for heart conditions.
· Physical cause- this relates to the health conditions that affects the penis, and they include conditions that cause unstable flow to the penis, conditions that affect the nervous systems, conditions that affect the hormonal levels and conditions that affect the penis physical structure.
· Injuries or surgery- for people who have had a severe head injury it may cause the brain not to function well and respond to any stimuli. Surgery also may cause erectile dysfunction.
· Hormonal conditions- some conditions that cause the hormonal levels to fluctuate such as hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, hypogonadism and Cushing’s syndrome.
· Neurogenic conditions- these are conditions that affect the nervous systems such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, spinal injury, and stroke. These conditions also affect body functions, movement, and balance.
· Anatomical- this is when the penis structure is affected either by the growth of scar tissues or the tissues are affected such as the Peyronie disease.
· Alcohol and drug abuse
· Sleep disorders.
· Prescription drugs such as chemotherapy drugs, alpha adrenergic blockers, diuretics, central nervous system stimulants and depressants.
· Anxiety, depression and mental conditions.
There are various treatments for erectile dysfunction, and they include changing your smoking and drinking habits, taking medication, getting counsels in case you have stress, exercising, taking healthy foods, having enough sleep and even surgery. Taking Viagra substitute is one way to treat impotence. This involves taking herbal supplements that have active ingredients in them.
Natural herbs are readily available, and when they are taken, they can help the body function well and regulate the blood flow. The ingredients in them contain minerals and vitamins which are essential for nourishment. The other active ingredients cause the body to produce nitric oxide, which combines with blood and it causes the shafts in the penis to relax, widen hence becoming thicker and harder.
Different Viagra substitutes have almost the same benefits, and they help men have:
· An increased libido
· Harder erections and long lasting sexual encounters
· A stronger stamina and sex drive.
· A good control of ejaculation.
· An increased sperm count and seminal fluid.
It is important to get medical help so that the doctors can ascertain what the main cause of erectile dysfunction is. For most men, it is a hard topic to talk about, but it can help a lot if you got treated for an underlying problem before it becomes serious.